Unit 9: Stoichiometry
Goal: To use the mole and mole relationships to solve problems relating mass, energy, and volume.
Objectives: The student should be able to:
1. Solve problems based on mass-mass relationships in chemical reactions.
2. Solve problems based on mass-volume of solution relationships in chemical reactions.
3. Solve problems based on mass-energy relationships in chemical reactions
4. Calculate percentage yield in a chemical reaction.
5. Solve problems based on mass-volume of gas relationships in chemical reactions.
6. Solve problems based on volume-volume relationships for gases in chemical reactions.
7. Solve stoichiometric problems in which one reactant is a limiting reactant.
Jan 4: Discuss Unit VIII Test, Lecture: Stoichiometry Mass-Mass, Percent Yield
Jan 5: Discuss homework, Lecture: Mass-Solution, Mass-Energy
Jan 8: Lab: Mass of Carbon Dioxide Released, Discuss homework
Jan 9: Lecture: Mass-Volume and Volume-Volume
Jan 10: Discuss homework, Lecture: Limiting Reactants
Jan 11: Discuss homework, Review for test.
Jan 12: Unit IX Test
Jan 4: Practice Problems p359, 360, 362, 372
Jan 5: Worksheet I Stoichiometry, Prelab for Mass of Carbon Dioxide Released
Jan 8: Lab report due Jan 15
Jan 9: Worksheet II Stoichiometry
Jan 10: Worksheet Limiting Reactants
Jan 11: Review problems, Study for test.
Lecture & Lab Materials (uploaded once per week):
Mass-Mass Conversions and Percent Yield: This is the lecture that contains the Chemistry Online Tutorial Links!
Mass-Energy Conversions: This has a link to Dr. Wolfe's Gen Chem Practice Problems!